About > Newsletter Archive > November 2012
November 2012 Newsletter, Vol. 4, No. 10
Temperature@lert Releases Its Latest Generation Weatherproof Cellular Edition
Temperature@lert has released its latest generation weatherproof, cellular, solar-powered alerting system that enables farmers and agriculturalists to monitor crop temperature, water consumption, soil quality, and other environmental conditions remotely via email, text messaging, and/or voice messages. Temperature@lert’s Solar Cellular Edition has won MITX Innovations Awards as well as a Gold Stevie Award from the American Business Awards.
Using GSM cellular phone networks, Temperature@lert Solar Cellular Edition provides 24/7 monitoring to provide out of range temperature alerts to you via emails, text messages, and/or a telephone call. It will also alert you when the temperature returns to normal. Rechargeable batteries provide power when it’s dark or overcast for up to four weeks. Their fault- tolerant design means if their system ever fails to hear from the device, they'll alert you right away that something's not quite right. Plug-and-Play Smart Sensor options include Temperature, Humidity, Soil Moisture and Wind Speed. An optional contact closure output can replace one of the sensors.
The TM-CELL540-S incorporates the progressive features of the previous generation device with new innovative capabilities to make it the most user-friendly, cost-effective Solar Cellular environmental monitor on the market today. These include:
(1) Four Sensor Input Capability – Notably reduces cost per sensor
(2) Quick Disconnect Sensor Ports – Significantly easier to change sensors
(3) High Efficiency Solar Panel – Allows cellular device to use energy more effectively & increased charging speed
(4) Four Light Pipes – Better diagnostics (Status, Battery, Warning, Failure)
(5) Weatherproof Power Button – Adds extra durability to power button
(6) Extended Battery Capacity – Enhanced battery life
(7) Updated Software – Works with variety of industrial & agricultural sensors
The new TM-CELL540-S continues the success of the previous generation features including:
(1) Easy to set up & use – just power it on & it begins monitoring
(2) Set and send alerts for multiple thresholds for a variety of sensors – provides an easy method to implement an escalation strategy based on several conditions
(3) Send multiple email, text, and voice messages for each threshold and notification type – allows those who are affected by potential problems to take corrective action in a timely fashion
(4) Solar powered – lets internal batteries recharge in remote locations where power supply may not be otherwise available
(5) Ruggedized 12’ Temperature Sensor – weatherproof sensor to withstand outdoor conditions
(6) Communication via mobile network – no phone lines or internet needed to operate the device
(7) Over the air updates – device automatically updates without any assistance
The continued innovation and growth in reach and functionality demonstrates this device’s traction, as well as Temperature@lert’s understanding of, and dedication to, finding the perfect solution to their customers’ needs. “The latest generation of the Solar Cellular Edition meets the dynamic needs of our users, while still remaining tough enough to operate under extreme weather conditions. Additionally the Solar Cellular device is a must for large, outdoor operations such as commercial farming, energy efficiency, green energy monitoring, property management, and for a number of our other industrial customers. The solar-powered option means customers are no longer tethered to any power or communication grid allowing for remote monitoring where it was not possible before,” said Harry Schechter, President and CEO of Temperature@lert.
TIP: How to Discover the Signal Strength on Your Cellular Device
Have you ever wondered if where you placed your cellular device is actually getting a good cellular signal? Well luckily, there is a method to checking whether you are in a good coverage area!
Check out our quick video on how to check your cellular signal on your Temperature@lert TM-CELL400 in order to optimize your device! Having a strong signal strength ensures quick communication as well as an extended battery life when not on AC power.
For more information on our TM-CELL400, please send us a quick email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ALERT: New CDC Interim Vaccine Storage & Handling Guidance Out!
As of October 10, 2012 the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announced several new important changes to the Interim Vaccine Storage and Handling Guide. According to the CDC, these guidelines are now to be used by both public and private sector providers.
Here are the new changes to the guidelines (via CDC website):
- (1) Use of a biosafe glycol-encased probe or a similar temperature buffered probe rather than measurement of ambient air temperatures, and;
- (2) Use of digital data loggers with detachable probes that record and store temperature information at frequent programmable intervals for 24 hour temperature monitoring rather than non-continuous temperature monitoring, and;
- (3) Use of stand-alone refrigerator and stand-alone freezer units suitable for vaccine storage rather than combination (refrigerator+freezer) or other units not designed for storing fragile biologics, such as vaccines, and;
- (4) Discontinuing use of dorm-style or bar-style refrigerator/freezers for ANY vaccine storage, even temporary storage, and;
- (5) Weekly review of vaccine expiration dates and rotation of vaccine stock.
A simple system such as our CELL Edition has not only 24 hour temperature monitoring but power loss monitoring as well. By plugging our temperature sensors with our buffer vials in, our system will give you the ability to properly monitor according to the new CDC guidelines. If needed, NIST certification is available upon request.
Please contact us for more information or for a quote on how to accurately monitor your vaccine storage unit(s).
Meet Temperature@lert in NYC: November 11th-13th for the IHMRS 2012 Show
Have you met the Temperature@lert team yet? Come down to the Javits Center in NYC from the 11th through the 13th and meet with our CEO & President: Harry Schechter, our Brave Business Developer: Mark Langley, and our Advertising Acrobat: Diane Deng!
This event is the premier international hotel, motel, and restaurant show. Come and learn about how Temperature@lert can avert disasters by overseeing and monitoring IT/business centers to recreational areas to culinary kitchens and then alerting you to changes in your thresholds. Temperature@lert has you covered and would love to meet with you if you're in the NYC area! If you can't make it, make sure you're following @TempAlertHarry for the latest news at the show!